All About Pets and Safety.

The biggest safety concern wax melts create for your dog or any other pet is if they somehow come in physical contact with it, maybe by spilling it, or jumping into it. Hot wax will burn, and your pet will ingest it trying to lick it off. See a vet immediately!

But what about the fragrance in the air?  

Most scents aren't toxic to your pets for short periods of time, but fragrance can be irritating and cause reactions in pets. You know your pet best so here are some signs to look out for

  • Sneezing
  • Watery Eyes
  • Runny Nose
  • Wheezing
  • Cough
  • Sudden Difficulting Breathing
  • Rapid Breathing
  • Dissappear while wax melts are in use
  • They choose not be in the same room 

A Note about Candles

Mostly what we know about toxicity and fragrance is related to candles, therefore little is known about the long term effects related to wax melts. Since wax melts can be used without a burning flame, therefore producing less soot, it is assumed to be safer.

But what if they ate it?  

See a vet as soon as possible. 

Wax melts, fragrance, and hot oil are all going to be detrimental to your pets health if ingested. Wax Melts can cause burns, vomiting, diarrhea, neurological issues and incoordination.

One last thing

Use all scented wax products in moderation and with caution at all times. Keep all wax melts and warmers out of reach of your pets. Minimize the exposure to your pets if they have a history of respiratory issues or they appear to be sensitive to fragrance.

- House of Wax Melts 

P.S. We will update this as we learn more. 

For more information-->